L'Arche Avalon relies on the generous involvement of people like you!
Interested in getting involved with us?
Here are a few ideas:
1. Participate in an event or activity. We announce each one on our Facebook Page. You can also sign up for emails to learn what's up and when.
2. Become a member and support our cause.
3. Join one of our committees:
* Outreach and Education Committee: Members of this committee reach out in various ways to the wider community, laying the groundwork for networking by giving presentations and creating educational material.
* Community Building Committee: This committee encourages our community togetherness by organizing Gatherings, Town Halls, Jam Circles and Walks, and fosters connections among our members.
* L'Arche Liaison Committee: This committee connects and partners with other L'Arche communities in Canada and around the world.
* Fundraising Committee: This committee raises money to help fund and support our work as we move forward in our efforts to open the first L'Arche home in Newfoundland and Labrador.
* Finance Committee: If you have bookkeeping or accounting experience, please contact us. This committee ensures compliance with federal and provincial guidelines and regulations.
* Communications Committee: This committee manages our social media, website, newsletters and email updates.
4. Share a special gift or talent by volunteering to help out on a committee or at our regular activities.
5. Drop off your recyclable beverage containers at the Green Depot to the L'Arche Avalon account: # 3680624
6. Donate to support L'Arche Avalon initiatives and activities.
7. "Like" our Facebook Page and invite your friends and family to like us, too.
8. Follow us on Twitter.
9. Use the hashtag #larcheavalon when posting pictures or stories we would like.